Children Alive Ministries
ABOUT THIS MINISTRY
Children Alive Ministry (CAlM) operates 30 minutes outside of Kampala, the nation’s capital. 56% of the population in Mukono are under the age of 18, and these children suffer from a high incidence of child abuse and low educational attainment. CAlM comprises of three AfterSchool Program sites, two on the north side and one in the urban center.
Our mission is to empower children in urban Mukono to be community leaders by offering academic support, character development, spiritual development, and recreational and enrichment programs.
Our vision is to raise a generation of young people who are academically, ethically, and spiritually exceptional, contributing to their culture and raising their own families to bring about positive social change in urban Mukono.
Make An Impact!
All our ministries are working daily to offer love and opportunities to thousands of children each year. They are all striving to bring the support needed to help the children and youth succeed academically, grow spiritually, and develop into leaders who can bring positive change to their communities.
Our sponsors help sustain these ministries, making transformation possible for so many children and youth. Thank you again for believing in what we do and supporting a child.
Become a sponsor in 4 easy steps!
Step 1: Registration
Child Sponsorship $36 per month/ $432 annual
When you sponsor a child, you are changing a life forever. With your support our ministries can reach hundreds of children through dynamic after-school programs, summer camps, nurturing staff, and holistic programming.
Child sponsorship covers the costs of a child to attend a Christ centered after-school program where they are fed, receive academic support, participate in games and interactive classes that complement their learning.
The sponsorship allows you the opportunity to partner with UPI, build a connection with a specific child, and experience our after-school programs through your child’s eyes!
High School Sponsorship $70 per month
- High school is known as senior secondary school (in Uganda)
- Starts with senior one and ends with senior six. (6 years)
- Many more subjects of study are learned at this level.
- Higher cost and new location (sometimes)
- Many children drop out of school at this transitional point because of the high costs compared to those charged at primary school level. Girls are mostly left out at this point
- After secondary, the child has a chance to go to University. This is a big dream for many children which many kids never achieve.